Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Loads of Laundry

Does your laundry room look like this?



Would you like your laundry room to look like this?



I used to have such a problem with laundry until I found a laundry sorter with three bags, I think at Walmart. It was made out of PVC but it made the job of laundry so much more organized. I shortened the bags at the bottom so that it would hold one load of laundry. Then when one bag got full I knew I needed to do that load. We used it so much that it finally broke beyond repair. So I got my handy dandy husband to make me a new one that it sturdier. I also added a fourth bag. Now any dirty laundry goes right to the laundry room, rather than getting left in a pile, and gets separated right away. I have towels, whites, light and medium colors, and darks. When the bag is full I dump it into the washer and wash. If you don't have a handy husband and can't find an organizer you can use tall trashcans in place of this organizer.



The other thing I have done to help the laundry room stay clean is add a basket for each of the kids, and hangers on a rod. When the laundry comes out of the dryer it goes to a kids basket or on a hanger for my closet, this way I don't end up with piles of clean laundry to be put away. Also good for less wrinkles in my clothes, which I am sure would make my mom happy. Then the kids are supposed to check their baskets each day and put any laundry away, helps teach responsibility. This also makes it easy for the kids to do a load of laundry for their job. They usually empty the dryer, then switch the washer clothes to the dryer and start a new load washing. I also have a sock box that all the socks go in, and once a week those get mated. Shelves and cabinets are also great to have. I got these cabinents for free, and my husband made one of the shelves out of some scrap wood.



Now the trick for this to work is to do a load each day. Each morning I check my bags and which ever one is full goes in. If there are no full bags I get a day off.

What have you found to help you in your laundry room?

1 comment:

  1. Loved your posts today Sharee. Wish that I would have had someone like you leaving them for me when I was raising you. It would have made life a lot easier! Hope you get feeling better! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete