Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5 things to do with failed bread

The first time I made bread it turned out BAD! It tasted fine but it was very dense and hard. It took me 4 months to figure it out. I will give you a recipe and tutorial but it will have to wait, I am sick and in bed. So I thought I would share with you what you can do with your bread if it doesn't turn out.


1. Crackers - Slice very thin, an electric knife works well for this. Spray one side with cooking spray, sprinkle with seasoning, and bake at 425 for 5 minutes on each side.



2. French toast - Dip slices of bread into a mix of egg and milk, cook in pan over medium high heat till browned, flip and brown other side. For a tasty treat substitute flavored coffee creamer for the milk.


3. Croutons - Cut bread into crouton size cubes. In a bowl combine some olive oil with seasoning of choice, stir in bread cubes and stir until coated. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.



4. Bread crumbs - put bread in blender and blend until coarse.





5. Mini pizzas - Slice bread. Cut out circle, I use a canning ring. Put sauce, cheese, and any other topping on. Microwave or bake at 425 till cheese is melted.


Or your could use it to soak up spilled milk or let your children play Hansel and Gretel. We used to go and feed it to the ducks everyday, but I have since read that you shouldn't do that.

If your first attempt doesn't work out don't quit, keep trying. You shouldn't even think of quiting till you have used the failed attempts for all suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment