Friday, January 15, 2010

It's not finished until...

We recently went out to visit my family and my dad passed along some good advice that his dad taught him. I am sure he was trying to teach us when we were growing up, but you don't understand or appreciate some things till your older.

When he was growing up his dad always taught him that a project is not finished until you have cleaned up afterward. I thought this applied to everything in the household. Laundry isn't done till its hung in a closet or folded in a drawer. Dinner isn't done till the table is cleared, wiped off, and leftovers are in the fridge. The lawn isn't done till the mower is emptied of grass clippings and put away, and the sidewalk is swept or blown. My craft/sewing project is not done till it is hung on the wall and my crafting/sewing area is clean. Since we have been back I have tried to remember this as I go about my day and it helps to keep the house cleaner.




Thanks Dad and Grandpa. You are both wonderful Grandpas!

2 comments:

  1. Good post Sharee. It would be nice if I always heeded this advice, and I live with the guy! I'm sure that he appreciates that you've realized that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about all my posts that are in drafting stage right now?!? HaHa... *laugh*

    ReplyDelete