Wednesday, January 13, 2010

10 minute Tomato Soup


It must be hump day to have 2 quick meals. I was very busy today and wasn't feeling like cooking a big meal. This meal would have been great when I had the stomach flu and had to cook for my starving family or a few days later when I got food poisoning. This is even a meal my husband can cook, if he can find the items. Here it is...

Tomato Soup
Serves 3-4 people/about 4 cups
Ingredients...
1 can tomato soup
1 c. water
1 can diced tomatoes
1/8 to 1/4 t. pepper (the more pepper, the more spicy)
1/4 t. of: oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder
crackers if you have them

Instructions...
Put all ingredients in a pot on low-medium heat. DO NOT LET IT BOIL!!!
Wait 10 minutes.


Yummy Sides to make while waiting...

Cheese Sandwiches
2-4 Servings
Ingrediants...
4 slices of bread
cheese:sliced or grated (any kind of cheese you like)
Butter

Instructions...
1. Preheat Oven 350-375 degrees.
2. Lightly Butter 1 side of each slice of bread.
3. Lay 1 slice of bread butter facing down on a cookie sheet (I use foil for easy clean up and the face that I need a better cookie sheet). Add cheese. Lay 2nd piece of bread facing up on top. Continue until all cheese sandwiches are on the cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 5 minutes. Then flip each sandwich over. Bake for about 5 more minutes or until you can smell sweet success!

Tossed Salad
Ingredients...
lettuce
favorite dressing (ranch, caesar, italian, raspberry vinaigrette)

I usually pre-wash my lettuce, spin it in a spinner, and put the spinner in the fridge so I always have lettuce on hand and so I know when I need to wash more lettuce... except for tonight when I found an empty spinner in the fridge. Hmmm... it wasn't me and it wasn't the baby... so that leaves one person ???

Instructions...
Anyway, put some lettuce in a bowl, add desired dressing, toss and you have Tossed Salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment