Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cool containers


My kids take cold lunch most days. It is less expensive this way, and I feel they get a better lunch. The problem is what to send. The fruits and veggies that come pre-packaged from the store are spendy, I have plenty of stuff that I canned myself, and who wants peaches, corn or applesauce in a baggie. Sending them with containers gets expensive because they don't come back, remember the ziploc commercial with the tupperware chained to the kid? Well I found a great solution. These solo containers. I buy mine at Cash and Carry. If you don't have one see if there is a restaurant supply store near you. They are inexpensive and I can put all sorts of stuff in them. They come in various sizes, bigger for fruits and veggies, or smaller for dips and salad dressings.

Some of the things I send are corn, applesauce, peaches, pears, green beans, peanut butter (to dip apples or celery), ranch dressing (to dip carrots or celery). The possibilities are endless. Cold lunch will never be the same again!

No comments:

Post a Comment